Tuesday 15 June 2010

Ah yes, thanks to Brian I have documentation for my first ticket EVER. It's wonderful how handy that fish eye is. First I would like to point out how wonderfully long my hair is getting (that comment is for you Melody). I was not speeding, I did not cut someone off, I did not in any way place anyone in any danger, but they felt the need to give me a ticket. I got in a right hand turning lane and decided that I wanted to go straight, then I LOOKED and saw no traffic coming and went straight from the turning lane. Immediately I hear a siren from the police car that is sitting at the light across from us. Not good. I knew it was for me cause the timing was just too right.

So I pulled over into a parking lot and the first thing the guy says is, "Do you speak English?" NO (I said it very nicely). His English was fine, and he proceeded to explain why I was pulled over and that they were giving me a ticket for 6,000¥. That's fine. Whatever. I broke the law apparently, but it was the SAFEST law breaking thing that I have done here. So on Monday, Brian went and paid both our tickets at the post office. Wait, what? Both? That's right, Brian also got a ticket :) He got a ticket for driving through a round about thing at a train stop that was for "taxi's only". So, yeah, been here for over 1 1/2 years and we are almost leaving and we both get a ticket in the same week. Why.

No comments:

Post a Comment