Wednesday 9 June 2010

Auburn

Shugo is now in Auburn. Since we are moving in August we thought it would be better to move Shugo now before it gets really hot so we don't have to worry about them not letting him fly out when we leave. Last May when Shugo got here it had been a rough trip for him. He was feeling very sick and was not happy. He didn't even feel good enough to wag his tail when he saw me. So, leaving on Friday, I was a little nervous about the trip. I didn't want to put him on the plane, but it had to be done and when I got him at our layover in Seattle he was AWESOME! Happy, healthy and clean! He even got back in his crate for the remainder of the trip with no problems :) Things could not have gone any better. He seemed a little bit sleepy on the ride home from San Francisco airport, but it was a long trip since we hit Friday afternoon traffic...

I have not seen any of my family since October 2008 and let me just say that I am pretty sure I will never do that again. That is just way too long to not visit my family. I was only there for a quick two days, but it was really great to be able to visit with everyone. Below is a picture of me with my parent's St. Bernard, Gunther. He is a BEAR! SO HUGE! He makes Shugo look tiny!


I had a St. Bernard, Sandy, who died early in 2009. Gunther was sad, and he has since lost his mind. Seriously. On that table is my nephew Joel's lizard, and Gunther is apparently in love with him. He sat there staring at him for hours. The other dogs came and went, but he stayed just like that. He sleeps in front of the lizard's cage on the deck too! ALL DAY LONG. Something is seriously wrong with this dog. I love him to death, but he is now officially cookoo.

My sister's kids are below. They have gotten SO big! They are a lot of fun, and I can't wait to be back in August to spend more time with them :) It was a great trip, and I am glad we are moving back soon cause it made me realize how much I miss my family and the countryside!



1 comment:

  1. Oh my that dog is huge! So glad you got to see family. We really do miss out on them when living here.

    ReplyDelete