Monday 22 February 2010

Happy Farmer

So, I am taking piano lessons. I REALLY want to learn how to read music and read it well. At the moment I am pretty terrible. I tend to memorize things cause it is easier and that is what I did as a kid. Yes, that's right, I took lessons as a kid and despite ALL the adults that told me to learn it otherwise I would regret it as an adult.... I did not learn. This song below that I recorded is from my learning days with Suzuki. I had piano recitals every so often and I can't tell you how many times I played this song. This was the one song that I learned the best and I will never forget it. Straight from memory... Happy Farmer. I went home to visit my family once and heard my dad's cell phone ring and what tune did he choose? Happy Farmer. Who'd a thought that would even be an option! He didn't even know. He just liked the tune and my mom laughed when she first heard it. That is how much this song was played... too much. So, I force myself not to memorize the music I play now and do my best to read every bit. Today I have my weekly lesson and hopefully I pass the song I am on cause one more week of it and it will for sure be committed to memory, and I am not even trying!

No comments:

Post a Comment