Sunday 28 February 2010

I CAN Cook...

So my friend Sarah and I threw a surprise baby shower for our very pregnant friend Andi. She started to be a little difficult by saying she didn't want to go out with us cause she was tired.... what a pregnant lady! We did get her out of the house though by enticing her with lunch at a place with all you can eat bread :) and she was definitely surprised when we got to the party!

My favorite part was when she saw the bear cake that I made (inspired by my mother). She said, " JOY! YOU made that?! Wow! Isn't that a little outta character for you?" Hahahahaaaaa! Apparently I come across as not very domestic... I swear though I DO cook. I have baked a cake or two in my day, and I actually cook dinner several times a week (it's just dependent on whether or not Brian is home cause one cooked meal lasts me all week... the leftovers that is).

I think Mr. Bear looks pretty darn good being that he is my first one an all...

3 comments:

  1. Um, why wasn't I taken to the all you can EAT BREAD PLACE?!?!?!?!?! Gosh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder if cooked means. . . quesadillas, cereal, or tuna sandwiches because these are the meals I remember cooking with you in Japan ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. SEE, SEE!!! The above comment just proves my point even more!! LOL!
    Just kidding Joy. it was such an awesome cake. Thank you soooo much. Oh yea, you even did the ears without owning a cupcake pan!!! YES! You are the most awesomest baker friend I know!
    Thanks for Mr. Bear cake and for almost shocking the baby out of me with a surprise shower! ;-) I had a blast!

    ReplyDelete