Wednesday 7 April 2010

The Gaskins Girls

Meet Andrea, Lauren, and Kathryn. It is their last year here in Japan and they really wanted pictures with the cherry blossoms. So what better way than to have them climb in the cherry blossom tree. The shoot was great. We had AWESOME weather, but there was one horrible thing that happened. At our last location (the one you see here) I had to switch cards. Somehow between pulling the used card out of the camera and the unused card out of my pocket, I got mixed up and put the SAME card back in! I didn't notice. I didn't check. I immediately formatted the card. When I got home I downloaded the two cards I thought I used. One of them downloaded images from the Hathorn shoot on Saturday. I immediately knew something was wrong. I checked all my cards in camera and computer and saw that I was missing all the images from the first half of our shoot. Crap! I thought maybe my camera had some horrible glitch, but then looking at the image numbers it was clear that 350-ish pictures were taken, but there was no sign of them meaning only one thing. I had put the same card in twice. HORRIBLE.

It was probably the most embarrassing email I ever had to send. The ONLY reason for them getting pictures was the cherry blossoms. The shoot was Tuesday, and Andrea is leaving town today (Thursday). We planned to redo it yesterday, but of course it was raining. And today it is sunny. Why.

At least though we have these images! I am happy with them, but I know there was another spot we were at that was so much cooler. It's ok though. We got some awesome ones below! Gotta love the blossoms!





I love the shot below. They were all just waiting for me to say go. So cute!

2 comments: