Sunday 18 April 2010

Spring

It is spring. The blossoms have come and gone and we are in the lovely changes of cold and rainy one day and warm and sunny the next. I find it funny that so many people complain about spring weather... "What is up with this weather lately! It is so weird! Japan weather is crazy..." On and on and on. In what country/world/village are these people from that they did not experience a normal spring? It is not Japan, it's called spring. There is a lot of the world that I have not seen, so maybe I am wrong, but as far as I know spring is this way pretty much everywhere except Southern California. but even there, it happens, it is just on a much smaller scale. Don't worry, I kindly take every opportunity to enlighten people about the reality of spring :)

I have been taking lots of pictures lately for fun. I haven't really had time to go through them, but I have at least been taking them. I figure since we are leaving soon I should really document more cause I have not done enough. Above is a Sakura tree in Kamakura, and below is a tree right in front of my house.

Shugo impatiently waiting for me to take pictures of flowers on the side of the road...
Below is the neighborhood I live in. There is a orange-ish pink (maybe salmon) colored house in the middle and it's a cafe right next to our house. Our house is the one with the green roof right next door.It's a nice little "country" area. Not country to me, but country to the Japanese. It is a pretty area though and there are some really nice hiking trails nearby.

No comments:

Post a Comment