Tuesday 13 April 2010

Oh puppies... I didn't get a puppy, but I still want one. It was for the better though cause I have been too busy lately. My plan is that upon our return to the states we will get a new puppy. A French Mastiff puppy. Only because they are the cutest things ever! One problem though... I am wondering if our military life is really suitable for multiple animals. And multiple LARGE animals at that. We will be going to Florida next and will be there less than one year. How easy is it to have two large dogs and be moving every 2-3 years? What if we go overseas again? I am sure life would be easier without puppy #2, but who wants an easy life? Easy life = boring life. Right? Right. I don't know... any of you military people have any opinions about animals?

For now Shugo is doing a dandy job keeping me company. When Brian is home he is a little more whiny cause he expects more attention when there are two of us. But when Brian is gone he is very mellow (maybe depressed...) and sticks by my side the whole time (unless I am on the computer). Last night though he was extra sweet and sat in the room with my while I worked on the computer and he sat at my feet while I practiced piano. He woke me up twice last night growling into the night though. Not fun. He may have been seeing things cause I saw nothing. Or maybe the stranger out there was scared away by his growling (I had the sliding door open). Shugo is my bodyguard and he knows it. I like it just being the two of us, but I think that soon enough we will have to make an addition. If I don't have a new dog within 6 months you can assume we just won't be getting one. So look forward to meeting our new pup. He's out there somewhere, or maybe not. Maybe he is just a twinkle in some dog's eye at this point...

1 comment:

  1. who can resist a puppy? I've only had one dog while having to move and thats not bad. The problem is when you go away for weekends and having to either burden a neighbor with looking after them or putting them in a kenal (sad). I don't like doing either but I DO like going away for the weekend. The nice thing about having two dogs right now is that when we are gone (and when we are here), they keep each other company!

    ReplyDelete