Monday 13 December 2010

Alaqua Open House

Saturday I was out at the Alaqua Open House. It was a very nice event and I hope they raked in a lot of good donations. Alaqua has so many animals and it cost them so much to operate each day ($1,000/day) any support is always greatly appreciated. There was lots going on and I had my own booth set up (a photo booth) where we did mini 10 minute sessions and also held a raffle for a photo shoot. It was great to be out there and meeting people while also helping Alaqua. We had some awesome people get pictures done and had a blast doing it :)

Below was my first up. She volunteers her time with the cats regularly. She comes out with her dad and they clean the cat house and give all the kitties some love :) I loved talking with her dad and he loves his daughter so much it was very sweet to hear him talk about her.

Photobucket

The little boy below was next. He was SO cute! Love his blue eyes. He was full of silliness and lots of fun to work with. Definitely a little daredevil. I asked him what his favorite thing to do was and he said, "Race dirt bikes and do back flips!" He will be a wild boy for sure!

Photobucket

Next up was a pup :) He was actually reunited with his brother right in front of my booth. So sweet!

Photobucket

More boys next. Typical brothers who refuse to get too close ;) They were lots of fun though and I somehow was able to make them laugh and get some good smiles!

Photobucket

Last round was a sweet young family. They caught me right as I was packing out. There was just enough light left to capture their sweetness :) Gotta love the chubby cheeks! That was my day at Alaqua! Definitely excited about the people I met and getting new clients! I will be settled here with my business in no time :) Thank you everyone who came to the Open House and visited my booth!

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Those are sweet pictures, Joy! Glad you are settling in!

    ReplyDelete