Wednesday 23 February 2011

Blind

So this lady came into Alaqua today with her mother and I happened to be the only one in the office at the time. They came in wanting to see dogs cause they are looking for a new pup. Sitting in the back office I hear a loud Hellooo... No one was in the front at that moment so I walked out and saw a very excited woman with her mother on her arm. The mother was clearly blind, but they were both quite excited to walk around and see what dogs we had available for adoption. As I walked out the door with them I was immediately grateful for my eyesight. It was clear that the daughter cared deeply for her mother and thought nothing of having to hold her hand everywhere. Steps are coming up. One. Two. Three. Last one. Ok. It was second nature to her. Leading her mother around and describing to her all that she can't see. Oh look at the puppies! They look like little mini dobermans. And there's one brown one. Oh he likes you. He is looking at you and licking the fence. Amazing. Just amazing. If you are reading this you have your eyesight and I think that is something that we all take for granted. I am sure there are some blessings that come with blindness, but for now I am quite grateful for the blessing of not being blind.

Wasn't sure what picture to post with this, but it seemed like a good story for some sad puppy eyes. And for those of you wondering about Brian. We don't really have anything new to report other than he is getting rolled. We won't know when he will class up with his new class until it happens and until then he gets to be a janitor with all the other rollbacks! Go Brain!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment