Monday 7 February 2011

Puppy Bowl 2011 Destin Commons - Alaqua Animal Refuge

The Puppy Bowl went quite well on Saturday :) There were lots of people who came out despite the cold weather and few sprinkles. A big thank you to Bark Avenue for being the sponsor :) There were banners and t-shirts and toys and treats for all the players! I have to admit it was my first Puppy Bowl and I was impressed. I personally fell in love with the referee. Brian says no though. Three dogs is apparently too much for him (even if the third one would be small). A Basset mix though? SO necessary to our family! I agree that it would make our lives more complicated especially since we are military and move every couple years. And it would really make moving overseas complicated (and expensive). Not to mention who would we find to watch our lovey pets when traveling... but STILL! She is SO cute! I have not given up, and I just might bring her home despite Brian's protests... unlikely that I will do that... but I'm still trying to convince him! We already have two large dogs (at least we think Chancho will get large). Bassets are the only small dog that I like, and yes, I realize that they are not actually small dogs. They are much smaller than my regular dogs though! Brian's thoughts? No. Where does it end! You will never be satisfied. Get control of yourself! No. Heartless man. I will tell you where it ends. It ends with me getting this dog and a mastiff. That's all I ask for! Is it really too much? Maybe I will wait to get my mastiff in ten years when Shugo dies. But we need the Basset mix now.

Back to the Puppy Bowl. Please. Enjoy the pictures :) We had some hard core players.

Photobucket

Quite a bit of rough-housing around in the beginning. Lots of foul play.

Photobucket

Even against team members

Photobucket

Photobucket

The ref took a lot of heat for some of her calls.

Photobucket

Eventually they started to get tired though.

Photobucket

Really tired.

Photobucket

They all got treats. This is seriously pretty much my favorite shot. This dog would fit in my family! We NEED her!

Photobucket

And everyone got lots of love from the fans :) It was a good day, and there were several applications put in for puppies!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment