Thursday 17 February 2011

Pet Photography - Alaqua Animal Refuge - Cats

Well, I have been posting entirely too many dogs on here and figured I should ad in some felines. Cats are wonderful creatures. Very simple. Don't require nearly as much attention as dogs. However, it is those exact reasons that make them MUCH more difficult to photograph. My barking, meowing, chirping, and any other weird noises I may attempt to make do ABSOLUTELY nothing to these things we call cats. Don't get me wrong, I love cats, but I refer to myself as more of a dog person. Brian is also a dog person, but he is not as kind as me, he refers to himself as a cat hater. Which is why I have vowed to one day own a cat :)

One project that I am working on is getting updated photos of all the animals at Alaqua Animal Refuge. For those of you who do not know, Alaqua is quite a large facility and there are 300+ animals there. So when I say I am working on a project, I really mean that it's a project! Pet Photography, dog photography, Cat Photography, Horse Photography. I am even finding new specialties of pig photography :) I am really learning to branch out and expand my area of expertise.

So, feast your cat loving eyes on some cat photography! All of these cats are up for adoption and they are all quite the lovers. One even climbed onto my back as I was bending over photographing another! The first is my favorite. I call him, the birdhouse cat :)

Photobucket

As I photographed the next cat, I couldn't help but think of Anchorman... "I'm in a glass case of emotion!"

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. They all look so..."Ugh. You again. How dare you take MY picture. Lowly human."

    Good pictures though! :)

    ReplyDelete