Monday 28 February 2011

Random Life

Life is so funny. I am one of those people who loves to be really busy, but it also drives me crazy from time to time. I am VERY happy though to say that I have finished my comprehensive examination questions for my Masters Degree in Human Relations! For my degree I don't have to do a thesis, but I do have to write these two papers. Definitely much easier than doing a thesis, but I am still very happy to have it over with! So happy. I now have one more class, finishing up my internship (at Alaqua) and then I will be done! This was my bright idea that I wanted to accomplish during our time in Japan. It was going well until the school closed the program in all of the Asia locations. Not cool. I am glad that I will have my Masters though and it has been a fun experience :)

I feel weird sometimes about my life and think that I am just one of those people who dabbles in a little of everything; jack of all trades, master of none. If I gave the list of jobs that I have had in my lifetime you would all be quite impressed with my versatility... or maybe unimpressed with my lack of dedication :) I had a nice conversation with Laurie Hood (the founder of Alaqua Animal Refuge) today and got to learn more about her background and how she ended up here. I love hearing people's stories (especially when they have an interesting one). She has a good story, and it's encouraging to know that most people at my age do not have everything figured out and they too have a random mix of experiences. Perhaps someday my life will all come together as Laurie's seems to have. Surely God has some greater purpose for all the randomness in my life and one day all these experiences will be put to good use :)

I love this puppy below. Reminds me of Shugo when he was a pup. I am really just a puppy you know? My life divided by 7 is still practically puppy. Ok, maybe not entirely puppy, but I still have a lot ahead of me and love it when I meet people that remind me there is no mold for life. No rules. No set plan I have to follow. Who knows what my future holds. Everyone always says, "Well, I never thought I would end up here..." That is my one goal. To end up somewhere I'd never imagined I would. And by that I mean somewhere good, not rehab ;)

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment