Saturday 25 September 2010

Castlepoint - North Island NZ

Castlepoint was our favorite place to photograph. It was a small town that was real quiet and seemed like a ghost town by the time we arrived there, but it was beautiful. We got there right as the sun hid behind the hills and we ran as fast as we could to the top of the stairs to get some sunset shots (just barely catching the tail end of it).

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

As the sun went away I turned around and couldn't find Kristan. I thought she'd went back to the car though I wondered why she didn't say anything. I was yelling and whistling for her and saw and heard nothing. A little worry crept over me as I thought about the one man we saw once we reached the top of the stairs. He seemed nice, but what if he was a weirdo and nabbed her? We are practically in a ghost town! Foreigners! As I walked back to the car this is what I looked over to see... in case you miss it, she is that tiny speck on top of the mountain.

Photobucket

Beauty at dusk

Photobucket

We saw a lovely moon rise

Photobucket

Photobucket

Awesome lighthouse with clouds

Photobucket

I thought this looked like a painting

Photobucket

And here is Kristan in front of the painting :)

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment