Tuesday 21 September 2010

Sheep and Kiwi - North Island NZ

Sheep are everywhere in New Zealand. It's one of their largest exports. Many many sheep, many more than people even. I never got "the shot" I wanted of some baby sheepys. There was a perfect opportunity with them frolicking near the fence, but it was on a nasty blind curve with no where to pull over.

Photobucket

Photobucket

My favorite was this... I am driving along and out of no where Kristan screams about a sheep. "Ah! That was the most beautiful sheep in all of New Zealand!" Me - "What?" K - "I'm serious! She was perfectly fluffy and clean with long beautiful eye lashes. Turn around if you don't believe me!" I didn't turn around cause I didn't want to risk our lives on the top of that hilly narrow road so we never got a picture of this supposedly perfect sheep. Somewhere she is still out there, unless someone made a perfect soup out of her... :/

Photobucket

Photobucket

I love Kiwis. Kristan will tell you I am psycho about them, but really, they're just really cool :)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Joy! I love all these photos! Your photos make my day, you are so talented. Jealous about NZ and so glad you had a great time. xo

    ReplyDelete