Wednesday 26 January 2011

Alaqua Animal Refuge - Dog Photography

Today I spent the day at Alaqua Animal Refuge. I am working with them as an intern for part of my Master's degree. I do a mix of different things helping out April the fund-raising and events coordinator. I also am starting to photograph more and more of the animals. I am hoping that more can be adopted through getting better pictures of them. Two of my favorites are below, Sissy and Weezy. They have been at the refuge a while and when I first started volunteering at Alaqua I remember them distinctly because everyone had a hard time getting them to go on their walks. They are total sweethearts, but kennels are just not where dogs are meant to be and these poor things need a good home. I LOVE dogs with boxy heads and if we didn't move around so much you better believe I would take these in!

Photobucket

I LOVE the shot below on the right. I was annoyed when I took it cause I knew the moment I snapped it that it was great and it was a real split second that she looked at me, but then I looked and she had blinked (I clearly missed the split second!). But then, I really liked it with her blinking cause she looked even cuter. However, I was disappointed when I got it on the computer and realized that it is out of focus. I still like it though. I just have to look past the technical errors :)

Photobucket

And these last two dogs. The one on the left, Victor, is very sweet and has also been around the shelter a little while. The one on the right just came in today. He's a wonderful looking dog who seemed super happy to be at Alaqua. He was at a kill shelter and was going to be put down today. Yay for Alaqua saving him!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment