Monday 24 January 2011

Pet Photography - Chancho and Shugo

So once upon a time, I did not take as many pictures of my own pets. My beloved first dog, Sandy, the St. Bernard lacks in the photo department. I got plenty of happy snaps, but actually taking the time to get nice images of her did not happen as often. Part of that is due to the fact that the majority of her life was pre-photographer Joy Jill :) Now I know to document everything, and that is just what I am doing. I realized yesterday that I missed celebrating the one month anniversary of our dear sweet Chancho! We got him December 9th and it has officially been 1.5 months! Amazing how time flies and how quickly little weeds grow. Actually after thinking about it, I have always documented my animals lives. As soon as I got a camera the animals were the first things to get their pictures taken. Back then though they were not good pictures. Just happy snappys :) Sandy was the only one that made it through to the quality pictures. Below is my favorite happy snap of Sandy :)

Photobucket

I took a few moments today to capture some very much needed portraits of the two dogs. I like the shots below because they remind me of engagement and wedding poses that photographers do :) I refuse to be the shoemaker who's children have no shoes! I am a pet photographer and my pets will have their portrait taken (regularly!).

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Chanchito is growing daily and he gets on our nerves quite regularly. Today he stole a ball of yarn and drug it all over the yard. So far he steals shoes regularly, but has only actually ruined one shoelace (he apparently just likes to carry them around). Overall though he is a wonderful pup and we love him dearly. Shugo's favorite thing to do is sit on him. Literally, you can see it below. He often puts all his weight on him and Chancho makes this terrible groaning noise like he is dieing. It's funny, but we feel somewhat obligated to save him from the wrath of Shugo. We LOVE watching them play together though; brings a smile to our faces :)

Photobucket

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. This is awesome. I can tell that they really are your "babies."
    The top photo of Sandy cracks me up; adorably funny.
    That is hilarious the way Shugo sits on him. I would have to rescue little Chancho too.
    James and I sit and laugh at our bassets play/fight. All their fat rolls and ears get in the mix. We just sit there smiling at them. :D

    ReplyDelete