Sunday 9 January 2011

Grand Canyon

Photobucket

This was from my road trip out here. My sister Julie and I stopped at the Grand Canyon. It was my first time and it was truly amazing! I want to go back and spend more time there. We got there in the afternoon on 10/10/10 (what a memorable way to spend that day!) and then left town on the 12th so we really only had one full day there. We made it a good one though and had a lovely hike down to Skeleton Point and then spent the rest of the day walking the rim with Shugo :)

Photobucket

The funniest part was when we got down to the end of the Skeleton Point trail. Julie and I were talking about the Grand Canyon and how amazing it is and wondering to ourselves what the story is on how it was formed because neither of us knew. As we rounded a corner checking the view on the last side before heading back up we found a guide with a group of about 5 people and as we walk up he says... "And that is how the Grand Canyon was made..." What timing!! Made us laugh :)

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment