Monday 3 January 2011

Welcome to 2011!

Well here we are one full decade into the 21st century. It is currently 3 days into the new year and I am feeling a little behind only because I didn't exactly get in my "reflection" time before 2011 hit. We made a blast out of our three Christmas' though and were welcomed back to Florida with the heaviest rain storm I have yet to see (and I swear it was because I kept telling everyone that it had not rained nearly as much as I was expecting it to here). So what are my goals for 2011? I don't know. I have goals, but I really need to sit down and take note of things specifically because I like to be able to look back and see what I did or didn't accomplish. Below you will see my lovely niece, Serenity. She is sure excited for 2011!

Photobucket

Our trip was filled with family and food. We had a wonderful time despite a few disappointments.

1. I learned that I have for sure become lactose intolerant. For those of you who know how I feel about ice cream and quesadillas you will know how devastating this news was. Yet, I look forward to no longer spending half of my life nauseous :)
2. On Christmas day I found (not one) but several white hairs in Brian's beard (they really stood out against the snow). How will he ever stay 28 in my mind with those growing! Good news is he has to shave for work, so I will not be reminded daily. Bad news is, I REALLY love(d) his beard.

The wonderful things of the trip were:

• seeing family I hardly ever get to see (a lot of Brian's family :)
• snowmen and snowball fights
• snowboarding and snowy things in general
• games and good food (Tara, Brian's stepmom, is seriously the best cook ever)
• silly children
• sister outings
• marshmallow launchers (seriously, coolest toy EVER)

So it is good to be back. I think Shugo thought we for sure left him. Chancho doesn't care about much of anything as long as he is chewing on Shugo's neck meat (poor Shugo). So lets get this Florida party rolling! What does 2011 hold...?? Sadly I think there will be a shortage of beards :(

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Oh he looks great with a beard! Not that he looks bad without...

    ReplyDelete
  2. if we are doing a small consensus on beards, I vote yes! The more colors the better too, even grey. Just shows experience is all. I'm glad matt doesn't look as young as he used to. He seems to just get more handsome with age. How does that work?

    It was so good to see you guys and hang out for a while. Hopefully the next time we get together it won't be so freezing outside and we can enjoy the outdoors a little more.

    I'm dying to see all the pics you took of everyone. You know how much I've always enjoyed your work, and this was my first time being in front of the fabulous joy's camera! Is it possible to get a copy on a disc or something?

    ReplyDelete