Tuesday 23 March 2010

Fairwell to Limboland!


A very happy day indeed... yesterday and today, oh so happy! I had the pleasure of receiving a lovely email from Brian yesterday... one that included our ORDERS!!! Ohhhhh yeeeeeeaaaaaaah :) Seriously, I am not sure all of you truly grasp how incredibly amazing this is. Last Spring (as in a YEAR ago) Brian was submitting his paperwork to go to EOD school and though I initially thought it would take forever, it seemed that things were actually going to move fast for once (should have listened to my gut though...) We went through all kinds of ups and downs of approval and no approval and you should be gone by August... no September.... for sure December.Yes, we will be home for Christmas... no, no you won't. Hold that. Wait. Just... Oh, no your not going. Yes. Yes you are. ORDERS! Bam! Just like that. Easy right? Cake walk. My life is cake... too bad I don't like sweets :(

So imagine my delight to FINALLY be able to rest out of limboland. Oh yeah, no more limbo for me :) At least not in 2010 (and we are only in March!). Can you imagine!? A whole year practically of no limbo! So what to I plan to do today? I will be skipping (yes skipping) on over to PSD to grill them about how my beloved dog and I cannot in fact leave in August with Brian and we will need to leave in September after it cools down. This may be the happiest that I will ever walk into PSD. Let's just hope they comply with my plans, cause boy do I have plans!

So for those of you who have not seen us in oh so long, look forward to seeing us in 2010! We will be going to Eglin AFB which is near Pensacola, Florida. Should be there for one year and then who knows where after that. Most likely places are Virginia or San Diego. But that is so far away... let's just enjoy the peace that we have now of knowing what 2010 will hold. 2011 is another year and we need not worry about that now. Think peaceful, happy thoughts. Just like the picture above which was taken in front of my neighbors cafe... peaceful and happy :)

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful! Have fun getting your plans accomplished with PSD. Hehehe..... But really, I'm so happy you two finally have something more concrete!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woot! So did the people at PSD adhere to your demands?

    ReplyDelete