Monday 8 March 2010

Thankful

There have been a few things on my mind lately and these two pictures are the best I can sum them up with at the moment. First, sadly, we decided NOT to get a puppy :( I would really love a puppy, I mean, who wouldn't. But realistically (darn my logic!) it is just not the best time for one. Even when I am not at work, I am usually doing some kind of photography work and I am sure a puppy would not allow me to really do that. I can picture it now... sitting there trying to edit/retouch a photo shoot with a little rat yipping at me to play... not to mention all the training that goes along with those things. I can't even go visit them at PAWS cause I know I would walk away with one. Another reason (a big one) is that when we get back to the states I AM getting a mastiff puppy (no matter what) and if we get a puppy now, and a mastiff puppy later, then that will mean THREE large dogs traveling with us wherever the military takes us... maybe not such a good idea. I just keep telling myself... Keep It Simple Stupid.

Also on my mind lately has been my family and Brian's family. I feel like we know so many people (family and friends) who are really struggling in this economy right now. Not just, "Oh we can't vacation to Mexico this year..." But, "I hope we don't lose our house..." kind of struggle. I hope all of you in that place know that we pray for you regularly and are confident that God will take care of you. I can't quite describe how incredibly grateful I am for the place we are in right now. I am so grateful that I am in Japan and am able to experience all that it has for us. I am grateful that Brian has a secure job that we can depend on a paycheck every other week and not worry about him getting laid off. I am grateful that I have a job that not only has a great schedule, but also pays well (that's pretty hard to find here on base). Most of all I am grateful to pay our student loans each month and watch the number quickly drop (it's honestly my favorite bill to pay...).

So, sadness for no puppy right now. Looking forward to our return to the states and a lovely huge, wrinkly mastiff puppy :) My heart goes out to all those dealing with financial struggles, and thank you God for providing for us and allowing us to travel while knocking out so many student loans :)

2 comments:

  1. I've been catching up on your posts! I've been totally down and out with morning sickness and just the thought of focusing on tiny computer print was making me nauseous. haha. I'm still sick but was going bored out of my mind! Those puppies were the perfect thing to distract me! Adorable.

    I liked hearing your words in this post. We too continue to pray for the financial situations of all our loved ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Often times when Dave and I are complaining..I mean discussing his underways, I stop and say that we are fortunate that he has a job, I can stay home to raise our baby and that we are healthy and happy.

    p.s. LOVE Brian's face, omg he is a crack up!

    ReplyDelete