Wednesday 17 March 2010

Waiting...


This is me, waiting... PATIENTLY. Ever since I met Brian I have always been amazed by his amount of patience and now I get it. He was in the Navy for 4 years before I met him. THAT is why he is patient. Someday I too will have an uber amount of patience like him, also due to the Navy. Yay for me. As of now though the patience that I do have is wearing thin. I think I have been in good spirits for the last FIVE months that we have spent waiting for orders. I just checked my email and since October 20 we have been waiting for orders because Brian is supposed to class up for EOD school in August 2010. After waiting (patiently) for two months we were told not to expect orders sooner than five months out... which would be now. So now that I can actually expect orders I want them... bad. Thing is our dear sweet Shugo cannot fly in the summer because it is too hot for him to be in the cargo space (and I highly doubt they would ever allow him to be in the cabin with me... I can just see some Japanese woman have a heart attack when she saw him... Takashite!). So where does that leave us?

A. Shugo and I leave in May before it gets hot, enjoy the states where ever and however we please for the summer and meet up with Brian in FL in November-ish (his training does not start in Fl).

B. Shugo and I leave after Brian in Sept when it cools down.

C. Shugo flies home in May with some dear sweet family member who desperately wants to visit (their has to be someone who fits this category...), he lives with mom and dad (if I can convince them) until I return to the states in August.

OR

D. We (me and Shugo) ditch out on all this crap and move to New Zealand or Australia for a good 6-8 months. Enjoy the country and return to the states when we are good and ready!

These options don't seem so bad (personally I vote for D), but there are several problems here... First, we still don't have orders. No one is moving anywhere without orders cause no way I am going to move Shugo back to the states before we get orders only to find that some drastic change occurs and I am now without my beloved dog... Second, I have no idea if the military will let me stay late (meaning will they continue to cover my housing and visa). Third, May is in TWO months... actually less. If I am leaving early I need to know. If I am flying someone out here to get Shugo home, I need to know. Basically all this boils down to one thing... ORDERS.

I know I am making the military SO appealing to all of you. I can see you all running down to the nearest recruiter at this very moment. So, yes, this is my life. I am learning to role with it and enjoy the spontaneity, but at the moment (or the last few days rather) I am rather tired of this waiting game, so thank you for listening to my venting.

The dog up there is actually a new sweetie that they have over at PAWS of course... If I could I would totally take in all the dogs... well, maybe not ALL, but maybe those pups (if they weren't already adopted) and this one... so cute!

4 comments:

  1. I am not envious of you at all! Poor thing. I hope he gets orders soon. Dumb Navy...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats the military for ya "hurry up and wait!" haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. after 7 years with my hubby & this Navy chase... I vote on D... :0

    ReplyDelete